Work with the Operations Director to direct and lead American Woodmark's production initiatives with the goal of establishing a world class manufacturing operation. Overall development and coordination of plant operations and production processes to optimize the use of all resources and equipment in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
* Actively lead the organizational development efforts for the production area and support OD throughout the location/organization.
* Coordinate communication between assigned departments and shifts and foster healthy Client/Provider relationships.
* Improve equipment uptime, capability and reliability through the passionate facilitation of TPM initiatives and the AWC SEE (Strategic Equipment Excellence) program as well as all five phases of Six-Sigma improvement or the Defining, Measuring, Analyzing, Improving, and Controlling of equipment related problems.
* Continuously evaluates plant processes, being the driving force behind continuous improvement and cost reduction.
* Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customer's expectations.
* Lead and/or facilitate Kaizen events and actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
* Develop documented standard operating procedures related to material, equipment and processes throughout the plant finishing operations.
* Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training processes.
* Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
* Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
* Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
* Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
* Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
* Support and represent company as a union-free environment
* Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
* Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
* Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Plant Production Processes for complex plants or plants with greater than 400 employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
* Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Management/Operations, or related discipline MBA a plus; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
* Must have a proven track record of cultivating and developing talent in an organizational setting.
* Minimum of 8 years of manufacturing experience; wood working related preferred.
* Minimum of 8 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
* Must have experience in wood drying, machining, cabinet component manufacturing, material flows and inventory management; continuous improvement practices; and process analysis.
* Must have Lean manufacturing experience.
* Six Sigma experience a plus.
* Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel.
* Track record of successful project management.
* Experience in working in a team environment.
* Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles.
* Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor/outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Building and Construction
Posted about 1 hour ago
Building and Construction
Posted 43 minutes ago
Building and Construction
Posted 40 minutes ago