Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
Linde is seeking a plant engineer to join the team in the Hillsboro, OR area. This position supports plant and site services operations and maintenance overhauls, continuous improvement and cost savings initiatives, business development and expansion needs, and leads all activities with respect to project execution including but not limited to scoping, resource and budget planning, management of change, scheduling, procurement, maintaining costs, construction/installation, startup/commissioning, procedure creation, operations training and customer communication.
This position works under minimal supervision, with guidance in only the most complex situations. This position works on troubleshooting and solution development, presents technical subjects, interfaces with customer(s) and internal stakeholders, defines objectives and performs project management work from proposal to implementation. Serves as a technical expert, change agent and performance manager within the organization.
This position reports to the Bulk Gas Production Associate Director in Hillsboro, OR.
- Serves as process expert in air separation and gas distribution systems and troubleshoots issues as they develop utilizing formal root cause assessment and reporting methodology.
- Provides training to junior employees and guidance to plant technicians during complex operations.
- Adheres to all company, customer and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Determines project and maintenance overhaul objectives and develops comprehensive project plans.
- Requests project funding per known guidelines.
- Responsible for cost and schedule estimating, planning and control through all project phases.
- Administers the change control process.
- Responsible for defining cost of ownership of new systems.
- Serves as leadership interface to the customer.
- Outlines project requirements, assigns tasks, and supervises progress to ensure that resources are achieving objectives.
- Conducts progress verification. Identifies potential and critical issues and recommends recovery and resolution plans.
- Ensures costs are managed to established budgets.
- Applies PMI principals in the execution of required tasks and tools development/improvements.
- Leads teams in making complex and/or controversial decisions.
- Conceives, develops and evaluates plans and criteria for solving a variety of unique and complex problems.
- Makes effective presentations to leaders and internal and external stakeholders.
- Considers global impact of decisions.
- Champions new ideas or position and cost savings measures.
- Is innovative in developing and implementing new approaches and tools.
- Serves as expert resource for other engineers and maintains a thorough knowledge of new technologies.
- Approves standards and guidelines.
- Evaluates and implements step changes to the work process.
- Designs practices, processes and procedures which enable others to work more effectively and safely.
Domestic travel and on-call status are required.Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering with minimum 4 years of process engineering and project management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft products.
- Experience with JD Edwards desired.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to support project tasks and construction.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.