Ensure direct materials are available at manufacturing locations in a timely manner to support a high level of internal and external service and a cost-effective supply chain operation. Based on information from material requirements planning systems, the Material Planner communicates time-phased materials requirements to direct material suppliers and in-region material planning teams. The Senior Materials Planner maintains inventory levels within defined boundaries established by financial plans and minimizes costs associated with obsolete materials.
Service & inventory control:
- Execute material buying decisions in support of operational and financial inventory plans resulting in the proper balance of material service and inventory investment, and minimize raw material obsolescence.
- Analyze output of material planning systems designed to deliver service to the supply chain, and apply strategic judgment in developing material supply plans.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance to In-Region Material Planners, Purchasing Specialists and cross-functional peers across the global supply chain network (US, Central America, Caribbean, Asia)
- Communicate material supply plans to suppliers and in-region material planning via formal orders, anticipated demand, and forecasts
- Review/Manage Raw Material Target Inventory Levels, recognizing the need for updates when finished good inventory targets change
- Monthly reviews of obsolescence and determine best course of action for aged inventories
New Product Support and Planning Systems Set-ups:
- Upon formal adoption of new materials resulting from new programs or updates to exiting products, initiate and manage material deliveries to support supply chain.
- Review @task for required activities and execute requirements
- Reviewing new programs data (BOM, demand, suppliers, etc.) to detect possible errors and engage with other areas to resolve them
- Provide support to US DCs in procuring supplies for reworks
- Challenge of existing ways of working in pursuit of opportunities for cost reduction, value improvement and application of lean processes.
- Continuously identify process and business gaps that needs to improved.
- Elevation of chronic or critical supplier performance issues to Material Planning Manager and Category Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Analytics, Textiles or related field
- 2-4 years of Supply Chain Planning experience
- Demonstrated competency in MRP or similar supply chain planning systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools with Advanced Proficiency in Excel (Build complex formulas, use pivot tables, special functions such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
- Exposure to some or all of the following tools: SAS JMP, Tableau, Microsoft SQL Server
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and engage with personnel at varying levels of management and experience; ability to cultivate and sustain high quality professional relationships; be willing to give and receive feedback.
- Highly motivated self-starter, driven for results, effective at prioritizing and managing complex initiatives.
- High degree of judgment and independent decision-making.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: