It's more than a career, it's a calling
OK-SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital - Shawnee
SSM Health Medical Group is seeking a full-time, board certified Orthopedic Surgeon
SSM Health & OSOI are seeking a general Orthopedic Surgeon to work in the Shawnee, OK community. This opportunity would provide a talented Orthopedic Surgeon the chance to work in a growing town only 40minutes from the heart of Oklahoma City, but far enough away to enjoy the slower pace of rural Oklahoma.
SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital- Shawnee is a 114-bed community hospital located 30 miles outside of Oklahoma City that serves over 140,000 people.Shawnee is home to more than30,000 people, but covers a much larger service area, expanding into eastern Oklahoma.Shawnee has a 5A high school, surrounded by smaller high schools/private schools. Shawnee is alsohome to Oklahoma Baptist University.
Partnership: SSM Health & OSOI
- Bread & Butter Orthopedic Surgery
- Light Call - Mainly Phone Consults
- High ER Volumes - Numerous Ortho Cases
- Large Network of Referring Physicians
- Hospitalists On-Site
- Work with Highly Regarded Orthopedic Group (OSOI)
- University Located Adjacent to Hospital
- Competitive Compensation & Signing Payment
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Excellent Marketing and Business Development Team
For more than 90 years, SSM Health has been a national leader in orthopedics. In 2020, we welcomed Oklahoma Sports & Orthopedics Institute (OSOI) to SSM Health Medical Group.The OSOIproviders bring their expertise, as well as a number of convenient metro-area locations, to SSM Health, where we are all focused on achieving success for our patients.Our providers offer care across the spectrum of orthopedics, including hip and knee replacement, spine surgery, pain management, sports medicine, worker's compensation, arthroscopic procedures, foot and ankle surgery, hand surgery, robotic surgery and much more.Job Summary:
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Physician - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
99890024 SPS ORTHO SHAWNEEScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here