It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Medical Group Saint Louis 10296
SSM Health is a Catholic not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. Headquartered in St. Louis, SSM Health has care delivery sites in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. The health system includes 24 hospitals, more than 300 physician offices and other outpatient care sites, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance company, a technology company and an Accountable Care Organization.
With more than 10,000 providers and 40,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community it serves. An early adopter of the electronic health record (EHR), SSM Health is a national leader for the depth of its EHR integration.
SSM Medical Group is a member of SSM Health Care-St. Louis and includes almost 400 primary and specialty care physicians in 65 locations, including 5 urgent care clinics and 25Express Clinics collocated with Walgreens stores. Our clinics are located in north, south and mid St. Louis County; in St. Charles County; in Warrenton and Troy, Missouri; and in Belleville and Maryville, Illinois.
At SSM, we take pride in the physician leadership of our Medical Group. Our physicians have a voice in their own practice operations, as well asthe overall direction of the organization. Our SSM physician leadership allows physicians to manage the care of their own patients and provide appropriate treatment to meet each patient's unique needs.
All SSM Health Medical Group primary care practices are nationally recognized as NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes and provide exceptional care through evidence-based protocols, while coordinating and managing patient care across the continuum.
SSM Health Ronnie's -this busy, recently renovated SSM Health Medical Group practice is conveniently located at the corner of Lindbergh Boulevard and Baptist Church Road in Ronnie's Plaza in the St. Louis suburb of Sappington, MO. Eight providers practice adult and pediatric medicine. The community is established and socioeconomically diverse.
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital opened in Fenton, MO in 2009 as the first new hospital in St. Louis in 35 years. St. Clare is a full-service, 154-bed state-of-the-art hospital, designed to provide exceptional, patient-centered care. St. Clare Hospital serves the needs of a rapidly expanding population in southwest St. Louis County. The beautiful campus includes:
- Heart and vascular Care
- Cancer care
- Breast Center
- Sleep Services
- Mother and Baby Services
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Outpatient procedure and diagnostic centers
- Physician Practices on Campus
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Physician - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
80550130 CMC-SCCC AdministrationScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here