It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health Outpatient Center
SSM Health-Dean Medical Group, a 500-physician multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting for a Board Certified and experienced Cardiothoracic Surgeon.The practice is based on the campus of SSM-St. Mary's Hospital in Madison.
- Become part of a well-established Cardiothoracic Surgery team consisting of two surgeons, five physician assistants and two nurse practitioners. The practice currently maintains an operative volume of approximately 470 open cardiac cases and 100 thoracic cases, with growth expected in both areas as a result of system expansion.
- The ideal candidate will have skills and expertise in all aspects of current cardiac surgery, including CABG, aortic valve and root surgery, mitral valve repair and replacement, and thoracic aortic surgery; catheter skills necessary for both our active TAVR program and TEVAR are highly desired. The ideal candidate will also have skills and expertise in General Thoracic surgery, including VATS and/or robotic surgery.
- Weekday and weekend call of 1:3
- Support by a dedicated, fellowship-trained CV Anesthesia team
- 24/7 physician support from Intensivists for patients in the ICU
- Practice offers an excellent work/life balance
- Operative practice at one hospital, with potential for outreach clinic activities
- SSM-St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912
- St. Mary's Hospital and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- SSM-St. Mary's Hospital is the referral hospital for the 7-hospital SSM Wisconsin Region. Our Wisconsin Region also counts 4 additional affiliate hospitals in our network
- SSM Health-St. Mary's Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals®for 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data
- SSM-St. Mary's Hospital is currently elevating its Trauma Program to an ACS Level II Trauma Center
- Madison, WI, population 252,000, is home to both the University of Wisconsin and is the state capital, and as such is a vibrant community. It consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family
- Madison was recently named as the most livable mid-size city in the United States by Livability.com
For more information contact:
Mike Dahlke, Sr. Physician & Provider Recruiter
Phone: 608.294.6250 Cell: 262.470.8201
SSM Health is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Physician - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
61900164 113127-DSMOC CT SrgyScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here