Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner-SRCPosition Qualifications:
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
The Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner (PA, NP) shall be committed to contributing to the mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC), Working together to Achieve Excellent Health."
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work will include potentially hazardous air travel and working in some villages with scant accommodations and no running water. May be exposed to infectious diseases. Subject to exposure to blood and body fluids. Work involves frequent exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements; may involve exposure to a variety of potentially hazardous or harmful elements that require exercise of well-defined precautions for protection from injury or illness. May be subject to many interruptions. May receive multiple calls and inquiries.
Possible Position Sites:
- PA/NP must have completed an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Training Program and received and maintained certification.
- Two years minimum suggested experience level.
- Must have experience with reading radiographs and dispensing medication.
- Must have Alaska License and DEA license.
- Be current on CME requirements.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- Ability to supervise and mentor NP, PA students and oversee community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13904Location:AniakDepartment:Aniak Subregional CenterEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)