RADIOLOGY & IMAGING SCIENCES (IN-RADY-IUINA)
The Imaging Sciences Division within the Department of Radiology & Imaging Sciences is seeking to hire a PET-CT Technologist to perform imaging for clinical and preclinical research studies within the In-Vivo Imaging Core.
- Performs imaging procedures (PET, PET/CT, PET/MR, SPECT, SPECT/CT) for the acquisition and production of images in support of research clinical and preclinical imaging studies. Procedures include: obtaining vascular access, injection of radio-pharmaceuticals, maintaining patient care, safety procedures, and QC protocols and records along with image processing and some data analysis.
- Maintains compliance with University, state, federal and departmental procedures, policies, regulations/guidelines, and law.
- Cross trains into other research imaging procedures (e.g., MRI) is expected.
- Provides training and guidance to technicians.
- Performs exams using proper equipment as ordered by providers.
- Checks to be sure all reports are filed promptly and sent to ordering providers for review.
- Makes sure charges are entered correctly by checking order list or by entering data into EMR for outside providers, so patients will be billed properly.
- Sends test results to qualified provider for analysis.
- Monitors equipment and performs regular maintenance and inspections as needed.
- Ensures equipment is repaired and is in good working order.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school associated with technician specialty
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 2 years experience in technician specialty
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATESRequired
- Technician related specialty
- Associated state technical certification upon date of hire
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
The role regularly requires the ability to effectively communicate. The role frequently requires the ability to move about the work environment and to position oneself to operate laboratory equipment effectively. The role requires the ability to move objects weighing up to 25 pounds and will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Health Services
Job Family: Clinical Services
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.