If you are looking for a per diem position in Medical Technology, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Hospital, a part of St. Peter's Health Partners, we care for more people in more places.
What you will do:
Recognized leader: Magnet Hospital in the Capital Region
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
To apply and contribute to the St. Peter's Health Care Services mission and values in performing a variety of clinical laboratory procedures and related duties in one or more laboratory sections following established procedures and protocols, which are used by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.Responsibilities:
What you will need:
- Evaluates test results/microorganism growth for validity within defined protocols and makes appropriate decisions.
- Keeps up to date on policies, procedures, skills, documentation requirements for continuing education, checklists and successful completion of competency surveys in a timely manner.
- Maintains correct patient ID throughout testing.
- Understands the differences and/or limitations age puts on the many aspects of lab testing.
- Maintains and utilizes cross training skills.
- Precisely and accurately enters patient/QC results.
- QA forms are properly completed with all paperwork attached and necessary phone calls.
- Performs/documents quality control testing, calibration and preventative maintenance as defined by established protocol and takes appropriate remedial action.
- Understands lab specific monitors and Q.A. program and participates in the evaluation of specialized reports for QC, QA.
- Performs and documents lot number verification including carryover and advancement, as required.
- Monitors QC/QA on a regular basis.
- Takes initiative to perform extensive preventative maintenance and troubleshooting
- Communicates and documents necessary information to appropriate HCP/staff/supervisors to assure quality health care and ensures the presence of fax comment and/or call statements for critical values and communicable disease documentation when necessary.
- Utilizes the system to retrieve patient/test information and test results (MIQ, IQ, BIQ, ANIQ, etc.).
- Makes the appropriate credit and/or charge for tests when indicated by protocol.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology
NYS CLT license is required.
We will train you!!!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.