Job ID: 289459
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Payroll Associate is primarily responsible for providing payroll support to a specific employee group. This includes providing customer service to employees, HR, and management. In addition, this role will also play a major part in ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of all payroll systems, applications, and files. The position of a Payroll Clerk is to provide support to the payroll office in a variety of areas including, but not limited to answering employee payroll-related questions, time and attendance, payroll deductions, tax withholdings, direct deposit and record retention.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Handle all payroll related questions.
- Upload and process payroll.
- Make all payroll coding corrections in Viewpoint.
- Report certified payrolls and handle any issues with certified payroll.
- Enter all pay related to STD and keep electronic records.
- Ensuring that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis.
- Enter fuel usage reports.
- Keep record of hourly and salary vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Reply to all employment verifications.
- Submit required reports to local or government agencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Some college preferred, High School Degree required or GED.
- Three (3) years' experience in data processing environment or 1 year(s) plus experience with payroll operations
- Must have excellent alpha/numeric data entry skills.
- Able to read and/ or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same.
- Excellent computer knowledge and skill using MS Office (Word and Excel), e-mail and an attitude for learning new software.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must practice high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual a plus (both oral and written).
- Ability to meet individual deadlines, as well as work collaboratively with team to help them meet deadlines.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Able to safely drive a vehicle.
- Regular required attendance and reporting ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone, electronically, and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for e-mail communication, and preparation of documents, worksheets, and presentations
- May require sitting for extended periods of time
- May require occasionally lifting objects up to 30 lbs. unassisted and occasionally exert forces of pushing/pulling of 10 lbs.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Standard office environment such as a multi-function, copier, fax, scan and multi-line telephone.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 2, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Fayetteville Job Segment:
Data Entry, Administrative