** $1500.00 SIGN-ON BONUS **
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for checking in and out CDMG patients, checking in all ancillary patients, and scheduling walk in Radiology patients. The Patient Services Representative is responsible for gathering basic registration information and for ensuring the accuracy of physician orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Interview incoming patients, or their representative, to obtain all pertinent and financial information required for the proper preparation of all forms and records.
- Enter all patient data into system and update information on each return visit. Ensure documentation of required demographic and financial information.
- Schedule appointments for patients on computer database based on patient's condition.
- Interact effectively with patients and doctor's offices to gather correct and complete data necessary to ensure that clinical and fiscal responsibilities are facilitated, for both the patient and CDHC. Follow manual procedures when computer system is not functioning properly.
- Follow insurance guidelines and keep up to date with all insurance requirements and stipulations to obtain reimbursement.
- Greet and check in CDMG Women's Health, Radiology, and Laboratory patients via the CDHC computer system(s); perform scheduling function for Radiology walk in patients and accurately enter Radiology orders for services.
- Collect appropriate copayments for CDMG patients during the check in process.
- Check out all CDMG patients, print AVS summary sheet, and make any return appointments needed. Review provider orders for labs that may need paperwork printed. Review provider orders for any ultrasounds that need to be scheduled. For all appropriate appointments, put patients into the Recall system.
- Communicate pertinent information regarding patient care to Manager, Medical Assistant, Nurse, and/or provider in a timely manner.
- Stay current with new regulations of the many public and private insurance companies which patients carry; such as Medicare, Blue Cross HMO's, Health New England, Tufts, Worker's Comp, and Liability.
- Prepare and reconcile daily batch sheets in Epic.
- Advises non-insured patients of Hampshire Health Connect and provides contact information.
- Provide patient information in accordance with regulations governing divulgence of information (HIPAA).
- Maintain confidentiality of all patients' records and data. Interface with medical records and billing department as required based on department, hospital and patient care needs.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. Strive for the goal of achieving a positive experience for the patient.
- Maintain established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, confidentiality, quality improvement program, compliance, safety, infection control, and environmental standards.
- Maintain professional growth and development through attendance at seminars, workshops, conferences or in-services, professional affiliations or journals to stay abreast of current trends in field of expertise.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous appointment scheduling and registration preferred
- Familiarity with insurance payers preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years administrative and in-person customer service experience required, preferably in a health care setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology required
- Spelling and typing competence with computer experience essential
- Familiarity with and understanding of OB/GYN, Radiology, and Laboratory exams preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required; the ability to communicate effectively with the public, physicians, and all Cooley Dickinson Health Care (CDHC) personnel in a high-volume setting, and the ability to multitask required
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.