The Iowa River Landing Procedure Suite is seeking a 100% Patient Care Technician. Under direct supervision, assists the members of the nursing team in provision of multiple types of patient care in in-patient and out-patient care areas. Their work requires familiarity with a wide variety of nursing procedures used in delivering patient care. Duties may involve the use of electronic word/data processing equipment and/or conventional office equipment.
- Independently obtain and record vital signs including temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Carries out medical asepsis when performing skills and tasks including but not limited to phlebotomy, peripheral IV removal, & Foley catheter removal and cares for patients who are medically isolated.
- Performs simple diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as enemas, preoperative preparation of the skin, dressing changes, collecting specimens, applying binders, braces, etc.
- Performs special duties as taught and directed by the nurse in charge including but not limited to phlebotomy, ECG lead/12 lead placement, and brace/pin site cares.
- Assists with patient admission, transfers, and discharges.
- Directly provides for patients' personal hygiene and comfort.
- Turns, positions and ambulates patients.
- Transports patients, equipment, specimens, and supplies.
- Feeds patients, serves drinking water and nourishments, and records patients' intake.
- Assists patients with bedpans and urinals and records output.
- Participates in nursing care conferences; reports pertinent patient information and incidents to nurse in charge.
- Provides for patient comfort measures through social interactions.
- Shares responsibility for preparation, proper use and care of equipment and supplies, and for neatness and cleanliness of unit.
- May assemble and maintain equipment and supplies in preparation for various diagnostic or treatment procedures performed by physicians or nurse.
- Cleans areas per designated guidelines and standards demonstrating proper use of approved disinfectants, cleaning products, and care of the housekeeping equipment.
- Stock and supply patient rooms and nursing units.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
University of Iowa Health Care-Iowa River Landing offers the world-class, academic-level medicine you expect from UI Hospitals and Clinics in a convenient medical office building that makes visiting the doctor a pleasant experience. Our pledge at UI Health Care-Iowa River Landing is that our patients will receive the best possible care in a friendly, compassionate, efficient way.Benefits Highlights:
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
For more information about Why Iowa?, click herePercent of Time:
40 hours a week will be accomplished Monday - Friday between the times of 8:00am-5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch. This position will also rotate covering the late shift. Location:
Iowa River LandingMinimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Medical Terminology
- Public Contact/Customer Service
- Previous clerical experience, including patient telephone calls, prior authorizations, medical record coordination, lab result entering/editing, faxing, etc.
- Previous experience working in an ambulatory clinic
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10
calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be sujbect to a criminal background check and education/credential verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. For questions, contact Alene Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Patient Care Technician
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Alene Johnson
- Contact Email: email@example.com