Improving the Health of our Community in All We Do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
If you are an energetic individual who enjoys being part of a collaborative and talented team then a rewarding career with Northeast Georgia Health System is where you want to be!
NGHS is currently seeking a Patient Care Tech for our Specialty Surgery Unit in Gainesville.
Full-Time Night Shift (7p-7a)
N6G is a 32-bed nursing unit with all private rooms, 4 equipped with negative pressure and 2 with bariatric ceiling lifts. Care is rendered to patients with a variety of specialties including, but not limited to:
- Bariatric Surgery - Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve & Adjustable Gastric Banding
- Urology diagnosis and procedures
- Oncology/Gynecology Surgery
- General Surgery including major bowel procedures
- Vascular surgery procedures
- Plastic Surgery - Skin Grafts, Flaps & Reconstructive Surgery
- Other medical & surgical patients in times of high census
NGHS is searching for a non-licensed, staff member who is trained to be flexible in a variety of nursing support and transport duties. Provides clerical support by maintaining patient records, unit supplies, equipment, and serving as a facilitator for communications for the assigned area. Performs a variety of clinical tasks including, but not limited to, nursing units, cleaning and stocking of patients rooms and other unit areas, and direct patient care within the scope of defined practice. Functions under the direction of a Shift Primary Nurse. Cares for patients in the adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. Performs duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Georgia Certified Nursing Assistant or successful completion of Fundamentals of Nursing Course if a nursing student
- On-the-job training
More Awards and Accolades.
- Previous experience as a Patient Care Tech desirable
- Valid Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association
Ranked in the Top 10% in the nation by CareChex® for Stroke Care, Cancer Care, Pneumonia Care and Surgical Care, the System is the recipient of numerous accolades including:
- Georgia's #1 Surgery Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Heart Hospital by CareChex® - 12 years in a row
- Georgia's #1 Women's Hospital by CareChex®
- Georgia's #1 Pulmonary Hospital
- One of Metro Atlanta's Top Workplaces for the 7th year in a row
The Blue Ridge Mountains are less than a 30-minute drive and Lake Sidney Lanier is next door. Whatever setting suits your mood, you'll find it right here.
- 47 public parks
- 8 championship golf courses
- 34 tennis courts
- 10 marinas
Atlanta, with its abundance of sports including the Atlanta Braves, Hawks, Falcons, and Georgia Swarm, as well as entertainment attractions, is less than an hour to the south.NGHS is committed to and will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
This job has expired.