If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Surgery has an exciting opportunity for a full time Patient Accounts Representative position. The incumbent ensures that patient demographic information is accurate and that funding source is billed and collected appropriately. The Senior Patient Accounts Representative uses advanced knowledge of billing procedures and coding expertise to assist management in the training of staff and in assuring compliance with protocols and regulations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Submits claims to insurance companies and follows up on outstanding claims.
- Processes, remits, and posts payments to patients' accounts.
- Reconciles monthly charges, identifies any errors, and researches coverage policies.
- Assists patients with insurance and billing questions.
- Sets up budget plans on outstanding accounts, mails copies of budget agreements to patients, monitors compliance, and follows up on any payment delinquencies.
- Receives and reviews patient, insurance, and attorney correspondence, researches issues, and provides written responses.
- Enters all returned mail and stale checks in the database and researches to acquire updated address information to reprocess items.
- Recommends policy and procedural changes to management for review as needed.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience required
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.