- Coordinates the daily distribution of pathology/laboratory reports and creation of normal templates.
- • Works directly with Pathology/Laboratory clients to ensure expected receipt of lab result reports.
- • Maintains LIS (Laboratory Information System) data files and tables.
- • Facilitates/troubleshoots client Pathology/Laboratory report issues.
- • Assists with daily, weekly, monthly etc. tasks/functions required of the LIS.
- • Assists in the oversight of the day-to-day operation of the LIS related to result reports, data bases and files.
- • Assists in preparing documentation for modifications/enhancements and troubleshooting for the LIS.
- • Assists in the development and updating of process workflows within pathology/laboratory for LIS enhancements and modifications.
- • Assists in the daily reconciliation of charges at the patient detail level.
- • Works in conjunction with the Manager of Pathology Informatics to maintain LIS critical to the pathology department.
- • Assists with the completion of LIS issues, user creation and termination.
- • Assists with implementation, maintenance, and reconciliation of the systems databases by ensuring the performance of daily database checks and backups, weekly database checks, (i.e.) physical and logical daily/weekly/monthly backups and their storage in a safe place. Performs corrections and deletions as needed to ensure integrity of the system, physician files, and patient files.
- • Assists in the development of process workflows prior to the implementation of new systems, identify process improvements as part of normal system management and/or when LIS interfaced changes necessitate updates to the workflow.
- • Assists with transcription when necessary and can transcribe reports in a quick and accurate manner.
- • Prepares reports, slides, blocks, or tissue to outside consulting labs and maintain all relevant records for send outs.
- • Maintains slide and block filing for pathology department.
- • Distributes slides for the Histology departments.
Minimum: Associate's Degree; or demonstrated skills, experience and advanced knowledge obtained through a combination of equivalent work experience and intellectual instruction.
Preferred: Medical terminology
Minimum: N/ARelated Experience
Minimum: Two years of experience with clinical computer systems. Basic understanding of operating systems software, web browser applications, communications protocols and applications software used in the pathology department, including, but not limited to, personal computers, LIS, document imaging and HIS systems.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum: Excellent customer service, written/verbal communication, prioritization, and organizational skills. Ability to work well under pressure, on concurrent multidisciplinary projects, and meet project schedules and deadlines. Ability to type and operate basic office equipment. Ability to perform analytical functions such as calculating and correlating information. Ability to handle interruptions throughout the day from customers. Ability to work within a team and independently.
Familiarity with standard desktop and Windows based computer system, including email, e-learning, intranet, and computer navigation. Ability to use other software required to perform essential functions.
Minimum: Ability to endure long periods of standing, bending, walking and sitting. Ability to work well under pressure. High level of concentration and accuracy required to keep the work area flowing smoothly.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.