VP COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING (UA-VPCM-IUBLA)
IU Studios is the central Marketing and Communications unit at Indiana University, and includes the University Events and Conferences teams. Our insights and technology-driven teams serve as strategic consultants throughout the university, with a central mission to create experiences that lead to a lifelong love for IU.
- The Content Specialist works with university partners and stakeholders in a creative team environment to develop strategic and integrated publicity and marketing campaigns for Indiana University and its partners, schools, programs, departments, centers, institutes, and initiatives. Campaign content may include website content, digital and print advertisements, billboards, brochures, magazine/e-newsletter articles, ceremonial print pieces, audio/video, TV commercials, content for social media channels, and other promotional materials.
- A major part of this position involves conceptualizing and producing creative content that can be leveraged across a variety of media channels.
- Content Specialists are specifically charged with determining brand voice/tone and editorial style and ensuring that these guidelines are implemented by all staff members involved with developing publicity and marketing materials as part of a campaign.
- Responsible for successfully completing work on time.
- Ideal candidates will be comfortable working within a matrix organization with discrete brand teams and shared resource team.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 years of work in higher education or in an organization or agency with a record of marketing/public relations work for clients with multiple audiences and many products.
- Agency experience.
- Experience in the role of web writer, writer/editor, copywriter, publications specialist, public relations specialist, communications assistant, or other job where writing and editing are the primary responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with a wide diversity of individuals.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- High commitment to quality.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to actively seek to acquire knowledge in area of specialty.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Strong proofreading skills.
There are some repetitive physical tasks, such as working at a computer for extended periods of time. A high level of concentration when creating content under deadline or responding to news emergencies is required.Work Location
Bloomington, Indiana or Indianapolis, Indiana.Job Classification
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.