INDIANA MEMORIAL UNION (BA-IMAU-IUBLA)
The Indiana Memorial Union (IMU) has been the heart of the Indiana University Bloomington campus for more than 100 years. Every day thousands of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests enjoy the many amenities and opportunities the IMU has to offer.
The 189 room Biddle Hotel, located within the Indiana Memorial Union, is the largest hotel in Bloomington, Indiana. At the Biddle, guests enjoy upscale accommodations and first-rate amenities while only being steps away from some of Bloomington's best dining, shopping, arts and entertainment, and nightlife.
Department Specific Responsibilities
- Performs room inspections to ensure proper adherence to cleanliness standards.
- Completes cleaning tasks such as removing and changing dirty linens; cleaning and disinfecting floors, hard surfaces, bathrooms, and fixtures; cleaning hallways, corridors, etc.; removing trash; vacuuming; dusting; and restocking amenities, linens, and paper products.
- Completes cleaning log and reports status of rooms, escalating issues as needed
- Performs general maintenance duties such as changing light bulbs, as well as periodic deep cleaning.
- Provides directions and general information to IU visitors and guests in the Biddle Hotel.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
Biddle Hotel & Conference Center
900 E 7th St Rm L003
Bloomingto, Indiana 47405Job Classification
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us