This employee works closely with the other members of a team to shot blast and paint equipment and parts. This position is a part of a team that rotates responsibilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read information from computer terminals, written instructions, etc.
- Set up and adjust equipment using a variety of tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Operate spray painting equipment to apply finish to equipment and parts.
- Maintain, clean, and monitor paint line and all equipment to ensure quality finished products, avoid defects, and conserve paint.
- Hang equipment and parts onto an overhead chain conveyor with hoist and/or manually.
- Conduct a finish quality check. Sand and touch-up as needed.
- Use a computer (SAP) to check the location, inventory, and routing of parts, and record inventory transactions.
- May begin cross-training on multiple finishing processes like shot blast and special paint.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience/training in automotive, industrial, aircraft spray painting or auto body work preferred.
- Ability to use spray painting equipment to apply a quality finish to equipment and parts.
- Demonstrate appropriate basic mechanical skills. This includes the ability to use repair tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.
- Able to use computers, read and follow written instructions from print or computers.
- Manufacturing plant conditions (indoors, with variable temperature, humidity, noise, and dirt).
- Relatively hot, humid conditions (required to wear a paint suit and air supplied hood or respirator).
- Physical hazards: powered vehicle, bicycle, pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, moving machinery, and materials handling.
- Working with hazardous materials, including paint, paint sludge, paint dust, solvents, cleaners, oils, and grease.
- A variable work schedule (8-12 hours daily depending on production needs, OT paid per policy and some scheduled work on Saturdays.
- An expectation to work at least 50% of the Extra Time (ET).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.