Zoetis is the world's largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska's Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
$500 Sign-On Bonus!
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Perform complete line changeovers and operational adjustments on equipment in order to optimize line efficiency. Work cooperatively with Maintenance to troubleshoot problem areas. Comply with SOPs and cGMPs. Performs production tasks as assigned in Packaging Operations.
Education and Experience
- To be the subject matter expert (SME) in the Packaging area and understand the fundamental operation of all key pieces of equipment required to package vaccines. This would include such equipment as checkweighers, labelers, cartoners, insert placers, case packers, and case labelers.
- Assist with the development of standard work documents that clearly articulate the operation of the machine and identify all critical process parameters. Provide set-up guides detailing each equipment variable, associated target settings and, where applicable, allowable ranges. Update SOP's, job aides and associated documentation as required.
- Provide troubleshooting guides that explain the equipment variables and associated conditions that create the need for adjustment.
- Assist with Lean associated activities that reduce changeover time, standardize machine set-up, and achieve OEE operational targets and maintain a high standard of quality.
- Perform in-depth training of equipment operation to raise technicians' level of knowledge and enhance their troubleshooting capabilities.
- Assist with tracking key operational metrics and collecting non-batch record related data to better understand the packaging line operational dynamics to improve OEE and reduce material scrap.
- Lead all activities required to run the line effectively and maximize operational efficiency including, but not limited to; directing line personnel, interacting with Maintenance for repairs, and contacting QA personnel for quality related issues associated with equipment or materials.
- Assist other packaging personnel in performing their job duties.
- Perform assigned work in own area of responsibility, which would include set-up of packaging lines, adjustment of equipment, and line optimization projects.
- Perform associated Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) paperwork including completing documentation, learning, and using SOPs, and completing equipment logbooks.
- Learn and comply with regulatory requirements such as FDA, APHIS, VMD & OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Technical Skills and Competencies RequiredRequired:
- Six-Sigma green belt training/certification.
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment as an Equipment Technician operating similar equipment.
- Minimum of a two-year Electro-Mechanical technical degree or equivalent from an accredited university.
Able to pass the Standard Timing Model mechanical test to assess the following skill set:
- Troubleshooting ability for problem resolution on machinery and equipment.
- Spatial perception
- Quality differentiation
- Hand-eye coordination
- Qualitative and quantitative reasoning ability
- The understanding of different mechanical components
- The understanding of mechanical Stroke, Timing, and Position.
- Sound experience in troubleshooting equipment and problem resolution on machinery and equipment.
- Sound team leadership skills and people interactions skills.
- Experience and use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment operating manuals.
- Must work in an industrial environment safely using approved procedures; i.e., Lockout/tagout, confined space, line break, right to know, etc.
Pass the Standard Electrical Test Model and assess the following skill set:
Physical Position Requirements
- Understanding of the principals and fundamentals of electricity and how they are applied in an industrial setting
- Understanding of circuit components including relays, limit switches, proximity switches, photo eyes, motor starters, relay logic control circuits, and AC/DC input devises
- The ability to troubleshoot industrial control systems using schematics and troubleshooting tools
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to temperature variations, prolonged standing, or walking.
- Occasional weekend overtime.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.