VCA SouthPaws Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Center, a multi-specialty and emergency hospital established in Northern Virginia 22 years ago, is seeking a board-certified or residency-trained Ophthalmologist to join our team. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and collegiate work environment at SouthPaws, and if you do too, we'd love to hear from you.
In addition to excellent pay and benefits packages, SouthPaws also offers:
- An established caseload, referral base, and reputation.
- Full-time Surgery, medical and radiation Oncology (linear accelerator and I131 therapies), Neurology/Neurosurgery, Radiology, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Dermatology, and Physical Therapy specialists to help provide multimodality patient care and support. We do not offer primary care.
- Dedicated and trained ophthalmology nursing staff and client/patient care coordinator.
- A total of 24 exam rooms, with two dedicated to ophthalmology.
- Five surgical suites with enclosed sterile corridor, with one suite dedicated to ophthalmologic surgeries.
- 3D Spiral CT, digital radiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, C-arm, and MRI all available in-house.
- All the ophthalmologic equipment you need such as Heine Indirects, Kowa Slit Lamps, Tonopens, operating microscope, new Diode Laser with Micropulse technology, new Phaco.
- Rapid in-house lab machines (CBC, chemistry, electrolyte, coag monitors and more) for quick service to outpatients and inpatients. In-house Antech lab as well!
- Opportunities to teach and mentor with our active internship program (six annually), as well as frequent vet student externs, and DVM continuing education programs.
- 24/7/365 support from our CritiCare Department to facilitate overnight/weekend patient care, urgent referrals, and critical care patient needs.
VCA SouthPaws is located in Fairfax County, Virginia, offering outstanding quality of life for singles and for families, including public schools that are ranked among the best in the country and numerous, prestigious universities nearby. In addition to an educated, affluent population with the country's strongest economy and career opportunities for spouses, the area offers exciting and vibrant nightlife, trend-setting restaurants, and cultural, historical and international events unique to Washington, D.C. With four distinct seasons and a varied geography, our region offers the best of all worlds: Hiking, golfing, rafting, skiing, sailing, beaches, rock climbing, many professional sports teams, and most every other sport or activity can be found at most a short drive away.
For additional information, visit VCA Careers - Who we are.
As a member of the VCA family, eligible full-time employees will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Health & Wellness
Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
401k retirement savings plan with company match
Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff
Opportunities to mentor with one of the largest providers of private practice internships and residencies in the U.S.
Opportunities to participate in a robust clinical studies program
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
100% paid professional liability coverage
100% paid life insurance
100% paid short-term disability insurance
Access to a peer network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
For more information about this job, please contact Kristen Hreczan, Talent Acquisition Partner, Specialty, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-351-0221.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs.
This job has expired.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans / Disabled. For a complete EEO statement please see our career page at vcacareers.com