Office Support Associate - University of Illinois Extension
Units 5 & 9 Cluster - Naperville, IL (DuPage County - Unit 5)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story. Through learning partnerships that extend knowledge and change lives, University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs aimed at making life better, healthier, safer, and more profitable for individuals and their communities. Illinois Extension has operated continuously for more than 100 years connecting the citizens of Illinois to their land-grant university by providing educational programming around the state. University of Illinois Extension is based in the College of ACES and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Primary Position Function/Summary: The staff member works under general supervision to organize, coordinate, and perform a variety of clerical duties in support of University of Illinois Extension in DuPage County. A knowledge of general office and university procedures and methods, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including a variety of computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Quicken, and University based software package.
- Utilizes the TCard to secure travel arrangements and food supplies for unit staff, as requested.
- Procurement Card (PCard) and TCard Has reconciler responsibilities for the unit office card holders, which includes object codes, log numbers, entering and reconciling orders, and submitting necessary information to the University.
- Uses TEM to pay office bills, meals for meetings, lodging, PO payments and staff mileage.
- Uses PCard to pay office bills and supplies for all program areas.
- Receipts payments for publications, services, registrations, and donations.
- Processes contracts/insurance through University for 4H/Extension events.
- Makes weekly office bank deposits.
- Prepares monthly sales tax report for local county.
- Prepares checks for postage meter, donations and cost recovery.
- Prepares 4H annual premium report and issues 4H premium checks.
- Reconciles monthly county checking account? submits necessary reconciliation reports to Regional office in online Bank Reporting System.
- Verifies annual equipment inventory for county office.
- Schedules equipment repair as needed.
- Contacts Building Maintenance regarding any office building issues.
- Operates such machines as computers, printers, and copiers.
- Maintains confidential files for all volunteers, which includes DCFS and Sterling Volunteers Screening.
- Maintains county mailing lists, as needed.
- Answers both oral and written inquiries, providing standard information related to various program areas, university policies and office procedure.
- Composes and types letters of a routine, factual nature regarding Extension program areas.
- Uses word processing software to prepare material from rough draft to final form, with responsibility for grammar, spelling, and general presentation.
- Materials may include correspondence, news releases, reports, promotional and educational materials.
- Copies, collates, and staples educational materials as needed.
- Receives visitors and answers telephones, with responsibility for obtaining and providing information as instructed, and documenting the same.
- Opens, dates, routes, seals, and mails correspondence.
- Assists with outlook calendar(s), as needed.
- Keeps meeting room calendar, maintains registration lists.
- Sets up equipment and materials for meetings held in local Extension office.
- Performs general office filing: unit business and materials for distribution to the public.
- Monitor office supplies and place orders when needed.
- Other clerical/secretarial duties as assigned.
- Using 4-H Online Enrollment and 4-H Fair Entry programs? receives, enters, maintains all 4-H enrollments, fair entries, 4-H publications, updates all forms for the 4-H Show, and prepares routine statistical information concerning the local 4-H program.
- Orders 4-H and office publications and supplies as needed
- Keep interest list of potential volunteers.
- Help with year end program support (re-certifications, wrap up)Volunteer file maintenance.
- Other support as requested.
- Participate in local, regional and statewide professional development opportunities and staff meetings, including limited but required overnight travel.
- Comply with all University of Illinois Extension and USDA policies and procedures in programs and employment.
- Comply with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work? assist Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports.
- Assume additional related responsibilities to enhance the mission of the unit.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling one (1) year and six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
a. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
b. college or university coursework in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
Note: Amounts of experience or training less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Office Support Associate position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $18.87 per hour.Application Procedures:
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for OFFICE SUPPORT ASSOCIATE - Naperville, IL Extension
. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Office Support Associate - University of Illinois Extension - Naperville, IL (145642)
This job has expired.