University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Nursing Assistant to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of Registered Nurses.
Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) (5 RCP)
This 26-bed unit provides comprehensive high tech intensive care to acutely ill adults with a wide variety of complex critically ill patients with multiple medical issues who demonstrate a deterioration of health requiring critical care nursing. Patient diagnoses include multi-system failure respiratory failure, severe sepsis, overdoses (OD), GIB, medical neuro, various cancers, and bone marrow transplants. State of the art technology is implemented in MICU including il-2 therapy, VV ECMO, CRRT, ventilators, vasoactive drugs and preforms many bedside procedures. MICU provides total patient care involving a multidisciplinary approach, in conjunction with state-of-the-art technology, for systematic assessment and improvement of care to the critically ill patients. In 2012 we were awarded a National award for outstanding achievement and leadership for elimination of Ventilator Associated pneumonia.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Percent of Time: 60% - 24 hours per week Schedule:
- Perform patient personal hygiene such as bathing, toileting, feeding, dressing, grooming and oral care for patients
- Turn, position and ambulate patients
- Assist patients with bedpans, urinals and perineal cleansing
- Take temperature, pulse and blood pressure
- Enter daily patient record charting in computer
- Perform simple diagnostic/therapeutic procedures (i.e., dressing changes)
- Clean equipment, patient bedside area and nursing unit
- Set up rooms for patient admission
- Transport patients by bed, cart or wheelchair
- Transport equipment, specimens and supplies
- Stock and supply patient rooms and Nursing unit
- Perform basic CPR as required
- Maintain patient confidentiality
Evening and Night rotating shifts, every other weekend, every other holiday Location:
Roy Carver Pavilion (RCP) Merit Pay Plan:
https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/merit-plan Benefits Highlights:
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
Ability to read, write and follow instructions. Please include a resume with your submission.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact the Kylie Guy office at email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Nursing Assistant
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Part-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Kylie Guy
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org