NPD Procurement Sourcing Specialist
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC is a manufacturer of heavy-duty, zero-emissions hydrogen fuel cell stacks and engines for mobility applications. With facilities located in the U.S. and Europe, Nuvera provides clean, safe, and efficient products designed to meet the rigorous needs of industrial vehicles and other transportation markets.
Nuvera is a subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Group, Inc., which designs, engineers, manufactures, sells, and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names. Hyster-Yale Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE:HY). Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. and its subsidiaries, headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, employ approximately 7,600 people worldwide.
We are seeking a NPD Procurement Sourcing Specialist to join our team. This individual will:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide supply chain support for New Product Development (NPD) Projects.
- Serve as primary liaison between NPD and the supply chain team.
- In conjunction with Engineering and our Supply Chain group, facilitate sourcing new parts and qualifying new suppliers.
- Prepare and present RFQs for Prototype Tooling, Parts and Materials in support of validation and test activities.
- Create and manage PO Requisitions for New Product Development Projects.
- Manage the business relationship between Nuvera and prototype & tooling suppliers assuring conformance to quality, delivery and cost.
- Assist commodity leaders and procurement team with supplier onboarding, audits and evaluation.
- Manage sourcing and supplier relationships for commodities (e.g., pumps, hardware and other consumables) as assigned.
- Support continuous improvement, safety and quality initiatives at Nuvera.
- Provide data analysis and visualization support to Procurement Manager in support of creating and maintaining supply chain metrics dashboard and visual control boards.
Required Job Qualifications (unless otherwise noted):
- Serve as primary liaison between NPD teams/programs and the supply chain team.
- Support through RFQs and Requisitions, and track prototype tooling and materials in support of test and validation activities.
- Manage, track and report part changes, obsolescence and costing for engineering changes and part additions / subtractions.
- Obtain production quotes from suppliers for assigned NPD project parts and prepare quote analyses per request.
- Provide support for NPD Project Managers in working with suppliers to manage change content and assure part availability for plant builds.
- Support continuous improvement, safety and quality initiates.
- Manage Tooling Quotes and POs in support of NPD and liaison with Project Managers in negotiation of cost and delivery.
- BS in Business or Engineering or equivalent degree and experience
Previous Work Experience
- Minimum 2+ years' experience working in manufacturing environments.
- Procurement experience with participation in new product introductions.
Special Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Broad Business and Commercial Knowledge:
- Business and Corporate Strategy concepts / knowledge
- Financial analysis and Accounting
- Total Cost Management experience
- Superior communication skills.
- Experience with common ERP systems. SAP experience a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project applications.
- Data analysis, visualization tools experience a plus.
- Proactive professional communication both with the supplier and within Nuvera/HYG to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
- Clear, well communicated products (reports, analysis, spreadsheets, documents, RFQ's, etc.) delivered on time.
Physical requirements/Work environment
- Ability to work in a typical office environment
- Up to 20%
- May include international
Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Nuvera participates in e-Verify. Job ID
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
Nuvera US Billerica, MAAddress
129 Concord Road Building 1Zip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled