Position/Job Title: Network Support Technician - Senior
Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Network Support Technician to provide server administration to design, install, administer, and optimize servers and related components to enable Hill AFB business functions supported by the servers. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for the ongoing management of the server environment. The Network Support Technician shall assist with overseeing the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of designated servers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and support internal and external networks.
- Support enterprise Change Management to implement network changes and maintain configuration control.
- Install, configure, monitor, and maintain switches, routers, wireless access points, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), Pair-Gain Modems, VoIP telephones and other communication devices
- Install, test, and troubleshoot single mode and multi-mode fiber cables.
- Install, test, and troubleshoot media converters.
- Reconfigure fiber optic cables in communications closets to support new physical network connectivity requirements.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot the wireless infrastructure and all associated devices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network incidents utilizing Government-provided Network Management System (NMS) tools and document all actions in the AIS. Network Support Technician shall immediately notify the Government of all network outages during business hours.
- Provide network documentation as required. Documentation includes, but is not limited to:
Network Device Information
- Network Diagrams
- Communication Room Diagrams
- Fiber Layout
- Location and Serial Number
- Network Characteristics (Internet Protocol (IP), Model)
- Perform PMIs (to include cable management, and quality checks) on all network communications closets (approximately 1,000) on an annual basis in accordance with the Government-provided PMI checklist. Devices requiring PMIs include, but are not limited to: network switches, UPS systems, routers, patch cable management, and related communications infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- 9+years of demonstrated/practical hands-on experience.
- Must possess and maintain an IT-I level II certification and an IAT II certification IAW DoD 8570.01 - certifications: Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP, CCNA or CCNP
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.