Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a great place for you!
For more than 115 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
This position is responsible for Badger Meter's network configuration, upgrading, maintenance, network monitoring, and troubleshooting of the organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), wireless network, and data communication network. This includes installation of new equipment and working with outside service providers and carriers to ensure maximum uptime and throughput for the LAN and WAN at all facilities.
The person in this role should possess a broad knowledge of LAN technologies including Cisco switches and routers, firewalls, VOIP, and virtual and wireless networks. They should also have the ability to define network TCP/IP protocols, Cisco routing protocols (EIGRP, OSFP, RIP, and BGP), multicast, subnets, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, etc. Familiarity with SD-WAN and MPLS. Functional knowledge of cable standards and multi/single mode fiber is also essential.
Troubleshooting and problem-solving network issues and outages
- Configure, monitor, and support network security, ensuring the effectiveness and current status
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, evaluation, and monitoring of network LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Bandwidth aggregation/failover and WAN Optimization
- Manage and support wireless infrastructure.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Assists in preparation and management of disaster recovery plans. Conducts routine testing of network intrusion detection, recovery, and fail-over systems and plans to detect faults
- Remains abreast of changes in network infrastructure trends and organizational requirements
- Receive, prioritize, and respond to incoming work orders, calls, and/or emails regarding network system related issues
- Accurately documents all work orders and system changes
Associate's degree in Computer Networking required
- Minimum of 3 years related experience working in a team-oriented collaborative environment required; Network administration experience that includes network design, operational support, hands-on implementation, and configuration of network infrastructure in a multi-facility environment preferred
- Problem solving ability should be such that over time, the individual would be capable of developing and maintaining a preventive maintenance schedule to eliminate recurring problems
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- CCNA and CCIE Certifications preferred
- Strong working knowledge of VLANs, VPNs, and VoIP preferred
- Strong knowledge of IP based enterprise networks: Cisco routers and switches, Fortinet Routers/Firewalls preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm