- Selected candidates may be eligible for a $6,000 sign-on incentive if all qualifications are met including a minimum two-year commitment.
The Neonatal/Pediatric Transport RT provides highly skilled pediatric and neonatal critical care. While on transport, the RTs are responsible for the resuscitation and stabilization of critically ill children (ages less than 0 and up through 8 years) and transporting patients for their necessary medical care. While in-house, the transport RT's are expert clinical resources available to assist with select patient care activities and to help with the establishment and maintenance of high quality standards of care for all neonatal and pediatric patients. Always, their primary responsibility is transport and immediate relief from other patient care activities is a requirement.
Key Areas of Responsibility: Institutes and provides mechanical ventilation; institutes & provides all forms of Cpap & Bipap; delivers medical gas therapy; provides safe delivery of medicated aerosol & general therapies; provides pulmonary hygiene standards; performs blood gas sampling & analysis; provides non-invasive monitoring; assist in the orientation of staff members; assist in the training of students; assist in the support of respiratory care technicians, as appropriate; adheres to hospital epidemiological practices; maintains appearance, demeanor, and attendance; maintains licensure; performs other special projects & tasks as assigned. *Respiratory Therapists must be a graduate of a Commission of Accreditation Respiratory Care (CoARC) approved program.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Our primary and specialty care is provided by experts from all medical specialties, attracting patients from around the world. We offer our care in convenient, comfortable settings, using the most advanced approaches and with the best outcomes as our goal.
The university is located along the picturesque Iowa River in Iowa City, a city of some 77,000 people (170,000+ in the metro area) regularly ranked as one of the nation's best places to live. Iowa City is less than four hours from Chicago and within five hours of Minneapolis, St. Louis, and Kansas City, readily accessible via interstate highways and a regional airport 30 minutes away. Percent of Time: 90% Hours: 1900-0730 Salary: Yearly Minimum $51,829 for 100% time (competitive shift differentials for nights and weekends)
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options
- Two available retirement plans-TIAA/CREF and IPERS with up to 10% employer contributions
- Additional 403(b) and 457(b) voluntary retirement options
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Graduate of a two or four year AMA approved Respiratory Therapy program, or completion of the requirements to become registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Currently registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Possess a current State of Iowa Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
- Greater than three years of recent NICU, Level III nursery or PICU experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Possess a current CPR certification card.
- Neonatal/Peds Transport experience
- Experience with an electronic medical record documentation system.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter
(under submission relevant materials). Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and education verification. For questions, please contact Lu Wilford at email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Respiratory Therapist
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
- Pay Level: 5
- Starting Salary Minimum: $51,829
- Starting Salary Maximum: Commensurate
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Lu Wilford
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org