At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Account Manager to join our Global Professional Services team in North America, focusing on Technical Account Management. This role is based in our Chicago/Austin/Scottsdale/Remote office.
As a Technical Account Manager, you should be an excellent technical and functional expert with ability to drive complex issue management. You will act as the main point of contact for driving proactive technical health and solution for technical issues for PayPal's largest multi-national clients and partners.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional technical skills, and a solid business acumen. As the Technical Account Manager, we will look for you to use your technology and business intelligence to help manage merchant and partner challenges. The role requires internal cross team participation with key internal stakeholder teams such as Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Engagement Management, and Sales.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner, passionate about problem solving and dedicated to our merchant's success. Agility is a key attribute for the position and embodying a desire to be a Customer and Merchant Champion.
This job might require 5% travel.
Wedriveinnovation with a diverse team who are dedicated to championing PayPal's core values of inclusion and innovation to empower all employees to learn and grow.We help each otherthroughactive collaboration,mentorshipprogramsand globalinitiatives.About you
- You'recuriousand enjoy solving problems to get to the root cause of an issue
- You love being acustomer championand show this with your empathy and advocacy
- You'retechnically mindedand enjoy using and learning new technologies and tools
- You're aconfident communicator- equally comfortable speaking to a merchant CEO or development team
- You bring your real self to work and add to our already diverse culture
- You're well-organized and self-motivated and enjoy the flexibility of working independently while being supported by your team
- You're prepared to be on call to assist with out of business hours escalations, while ensuring you maintain a healthy work life balance by collaborating with other support teams
- You have relevant customer-facing or technical work experience - Retail Point of Sale experience is preferred.
You'll join our Global Merchant Services (GMS) team in North America and work alongside peers in Technical Account Management, Solutioning, Integration, and Engagement Management. After onboarding with your new-hire buddy, on a day-to-day basis you'll:
- Be the main point of contact for driving proactive technical health for our Enterprise merchants
- Proactively identify issues with APIs, code, services and network latency and suggest solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate with your peers locally and across the globe to solve problems
- Communicate technical issues to merchants and internal stakeholders
- Advocate on merchants' behalf to improve products, systems and processes
- Consult with merchants and internal teams on best practices around integration, platform resiliency and availability
- Build strong relationships to help merchants be successful now and into the future
- Learn new skills, technologies and tools to grow personally and professionally
- Competitive pay and company equity
- Excellent health care benefits
- Flexible PTO and leave policies
- Flexible working arrangements
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$96900 to $234300
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.