ECS is seeking a Mid-Level Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS is seeking a mid-level Systems Administrator to work as a member of a team managing and maintaining multiple network enclaves to support the US Government. The candidate will provide support to a team developing, maintaining, creating, documenting, and installing network and enclave infrastructure for a broad range of datasets, research objectives, applications, and programming requirements. This is a demanding, high-energy position requiring innovative solutions for network, hardware, and software problems. The candidate will perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. The candidate will schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures and will monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels. The candidate will have experience with data storage, standards, and structuring of large databases, specializing in database physical structure and functional capabilities, efficiency, security, back-up, and recovery specifications. The candidate will also manage server access for multiple, simultaneous, external vendors (i.e., Government, academia, industry). The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
The job is located in Fairfax VA, with frequent local trips to Ashburn, VA and other locations in the National Capital Region.
Periodic short-term travel (less than 10%) worldwide may be required.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values, and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government. We are situated in Merrifield, VA -- well positioned for most commutes in the Northern Virginia area. We offer opportunities for telework and have some of the most interesting advanced IT business in the DC area. ECS has extraordinary customers who are thought and action leaders in the AI/ML field.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain this level of clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or similar
- 5 years or more experience
- Current DoD 8750 IAT Level 1 certification
- Experience with Linux applications, Python, Java, and/or SQL
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Provide technical support to network servers and IT systems (Windows and Linux)
- Understand and implement Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIG requirements
- Manage server access management for multiple dispersed users
- Collaborate with Cloud Service Providers to design, implement, and maintain customer solutions
- Write/edit and execute technical documents including, but not limited to: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and other documents as required
- The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be customer-service and career/growth-oriented
- Possess a strong Linux background
- Experience in management of systems and software associated with AI/ML processes
- Familiarity with the installation and configuration of SAS Viya and/or other data management systems
- Experience in teaching, coaching, and mentoring peers and subordinate engineers
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with web server administration (IIS, Apache, NGINX, etc.)
- Experience with storage technologies and procedures/concepts
- Experience with patch management solutions
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.