Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a career opportunity for a Mid-Level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to join our Phoenix, AZ Team working in either our Phoenix or Tucson offices. The successful candidate will work with teams of civil and geotechnical engineers to conceive, permit, design, and construct large earthwork structures for Wood's public and private sector clients. Projects generally include mining, power, dams, levees, transportation, and other civil works projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Lead civil, geotechnical, and geological engineering design on projects for dams, landfills, mining projects, and power projects.
- Prepare presentations for projects and proposals.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior engineers.
- Prepare technical memoranda and design reports.
- Support business growth with new and existing clients.
- Demonstrate ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
- May travel to project sites, mostly in Arizona. Approximately 5% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering. An emphasis in geotechnical engineering is a plus.
- Arizona PE license (or expectation to get within first year of employment).
- 6 - 10 years + relevant professional civil/geotechnical engineering experience.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Mining (tailings, stockpiles, impoundments)
- Power (CCR management)
- Earth dams and levees
- Drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Proven ability to read and understand both 2D and 3D design and drawings.
- AutoCAD Civil3D (advanced user)
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contours, topographic mapping, and data generated by land surveyors.
- Ability to understand Hydrology and Hydraulic reports and apply results to civil design of earthen structures.
- Good communication, report writing, and presentation skills in English.
- Superior time management, planning, and ability to interact with clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites mostly in Arizona. Approximately 5% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.