MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
Nestled on more than 1,400 acres in the Irish Hills of Southeastern Michigan, Michigan International Speedway is a track rich in racing history. It has been the love of NASCAR racing and the thrill of a great time that has made it a favorite of race fans and drivers alike for more than 50 years. Michigan International Speedway has more than 12 campground and is the state of Michigan's largest registered campground. In addition to two great weekends of racing, the speedway is home to events throughout the year including the MIS Backyard Hockey Tournament, Faster Horses Festival and Nite Lites.
The Track Marketing Department is responsible for the consumer marketing, community relations, and guest communication distribution for Michigan International Speedway. The Street Team Members are responsible for assisting the Track Marketing department with varied activities and events that promote Michigan International Speedway. Activities include short track races, festivals, trade shows, expos, appearances, partner events, etc.
Responsibilities/ Duties/ Functions/ Tasks
- Enthusiastically interact with and educate the public on Michigan International Speedway history, information, and ticket opportunities
- Responsible for the loading and unloading of the Michigan International Speedway Pace Car
- Ensure that display is appropriately supplied with promotional materials and giveaway items
- Ensure that display presentation is neat, organized, and pleasing to the eye
- Actively collect prospects for future email campaigns
- Attend in-market events for the purpose of maximizing sales opportunities
- Be an expert on the products and services offered by Michigan International Speedway
- Continuing education in the sport of NASCAR and sports industry standards on customer care
- Conform to all safety regulations
- Assist in the set up and tear down of the display
- Other duties as assigned
- Level of enthusiasm and professionalism displayed during interaction with customers
- Presentation of display and materials
- Compliance with safety regulations/ procedures
- Promptness of response to customer service issues
- Reliability and dependability
- Post high school education required or equivalent experience
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sports industry
- Competitive nature and a contagious positive attitude
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications and daily use of email
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- Must pass company driver's screening to be able to drive company vehicles
- Valid driver's license
- Must be 21 years of age
Special Position Requirements
- Position requires travel, evening and weekend hours as needed
- May require some out of town and overnight travel
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
This job has expired.