For more than 70 years, Northwest Federal Credit Union has provided valuable financial products and services for our members. Northwest offers employees a comprehensive benefits program including: medical and dental plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match, student loan assistance, parental leave, and the opportunity to grow professionally through a wide range of job-based, classroom and online training resources. Northwest Federal Credit Union has been recognized as a 2020 Top Workplace by The Washington Post and we believe that our success is built upon the excellence and achievement of our employees. Together, we serve and inspire to transform lives.
The primary role of this position is to assist Northwest Federal Credit Union to live out our vision to be the lifetime financial partner for our member-owners. One of the primary means to achieve this end is to develop a highly effective team of employees and develop each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. This position is responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members. A key component of this service to external members is to ensure each employee identifies members' financial needs and suggests appropriate Credit Union solutions.
- Deliver outstanding service that delivers on our Service Promises
- Meet or exceed the service goals for the position
- Knowledge of the Credit Union's products and services
- Complete BVS classes as assigned
- Maintain department policy and procedure documentation accordingly
- Achieve assigned sales goals by proactively identifying opportunities utilizing the fundamentals of the Member Advantage
- Identify financial needs and present all appropriate options, working cooperatively with appropriate business partners
- Support branch in achieving its member retention, acquisition and growth goals
- Achieve personal sales goals (including Investment/Insurance/Loan)
- Accurately and efficiently process a variety of Retail and Commercial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and check cashing
- Adhere to all procedures stated in the Credit Union's MSR policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, preventing fraud and protecting member assets
- Support branch team with quality referral generation (based on Loan/Investment licensing designation)
- Process loans as required depending on MSR level. Understand loan products and how to read credit reports
- In order to assist the branch team, additional duties may be assigned as needed
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to NWFCU policies and procedures as well as regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 in retail sales, call center, customer service or telesales position
- Previous financial and service experience preferred
Northwest Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
NWFCU complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at 703-709-8900 or HRDepartment@nwfcu.org