Sign-on Bonus and Generous Relocation Available
THE MEDICAL IMAGING SUPERVISOR:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Leads the operational programs and procedures within medical imaging under the coordination of the medical imaging manager.
- Coordinates with medical imaging manager to ensure provision of education required by regulatory agencies for clinicalcompetencies.
- Provides education oversight as well as patient care duties.
- Assists manager in quality control and performance improvement initiatives. Provides supervision to all medical imaging staff. Some travel between sites is expected.
- Certification by the Board of American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) as a registered technologist required.
- Other board registries (ARDMS, SNMMI, etc.) in medical imaging may be considered as replacement for ARRT. Must have and maintain an active and unrestricted Medical Imaging License issued by the OregonBoard of Medical Imaging (OBMI).
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers certification from either AHA, ARC or the Military Training Network is required at hire unless currently certified in ACLS and/or PALS or as defined in the SAHS Certification Crosswalk.
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in medical imaging preferred.
- Experience in teaching/training in a clinical setting preferred.
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions. Interfaces with radiologists, various other physician groups, other department directors/managers/SAHS Regional modality supervisors, and staff, to jointly provide services consistent with the health system's mission statement and strategic plan on a daily basis.
- Performs the staff functions in the modalities assigned, if necessary, based on the needs of the patient population served and productivity standards established. Helps coordinate staff orientation. Maintains the education and competency records of staff.
- Maintains adequate supplies to ensure proper inventory for continued operations.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of staff to ensure quality imaging outcomes specifically quality control and adherence to policy and protocol.
- Participates in all aspects of performance management.
- Working in conjunction with the medical imaging manager, maintains department staffing schedule to ensure proper utilization of labor to productivity standards.
- Performs educational in-services for community and other healthcare providers as needed.
- Understands and trains staff on all departmental specific electronic system functions.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, leadership, and the ability to motivate others.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.