It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health Medical Group Troy
As Medical Assistants, you will learn ways to adapt to care and adjust to different treatment plans for patients' evolving needs. As an advocate for each patient, you will be completing direct patient care, accurately identifying each patient through use of two patient ID methods, and using best judgement to determine patient needs. The work can be demanding as well as emotionally rewarding.
If the needs, wants, and goals of each patient matter to you... then we'd love to learn more! Please fill out your application today.
Office Hours range from 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday- Friday
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a nurse practitioner, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse or physician.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider, registered nurse or licensed practical nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of accredited school of medical assisting or combination of equivalent education and experience
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE - Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) within 12 months - American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), FUTURE - Clinical medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) within 12 months - American Medical Certification Association (AMCA), FUTURE - Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA) within 12 months - National Health Career Association (NHCA), FUTURE - National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) within 12 months - National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), FUTURE - Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) within 12 months - American Association of Medical Personnel (AAMP), FUTURE - Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) within 12 months - American Medical Technologists (AMT)Work Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
70200125 Troy FMScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here