Location: Plano, TX
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Judge Healthcare is seeking a Medical Assistant in the Plano, TX area!
Title: Medical Assistant
Location: Erie, PA
Type of Engagement: Contract to Hire
Rate: Competitive and Dependent on Experience
1. Performs all duties within the scope of a Medical Assistant's practice. Operates diagnostic equipment (cannot interpret tests), administers non-intravenous medication, performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs. Performs quality control checks on equipment. Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave.
2. Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination.
3. Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner, and in an electronic medical record (EMR) system.
4. Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
5. Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect.
6. Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and completes all required patient health and safety requirements.
7. Practices standard infection control precautions.
8. Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge.
9. Supports and follows the Standard Delegated Orders (SDO) of the clinic's providers.
10. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Must have qualifications/experience:
1. High school graduation or GED equivalent.
2. 2 years of work experience.
3. Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology.
4. Ability to accurately sort and file materials in an electronic medical record (EMR) system.
5. Effective communication and customer service skills.
7:45AM to 5PM with 1 hour for lunch.
Please apply here or send your resume to DDeMarco2@judge.com for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from and working with you.
The Judge Group