MV Transportation is seeking a Level A Mechanic who will perform preventive maintenance inspections on various types of vehicles. The position requires the technician to be able to teach, to diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective coach components, sub-components, and systems on vehicles as time permits, must possess a 609 and air conditioning certifications, and ASE certifications. This position will report to the General Manager.
- Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
- Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Maintains, adjusts, and/or repairs all bus systems, components, and parts including hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational fitness of vehicles.
- Performs preventive maintenance, running repairs, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes and steering systems.
- Changes windows and seats, and performs minor body repair.
- Operates buses in order to diagnose component failure, make roadside repairs, or move disabled buses.
- Operates various equipment used in the maintenance and repair of small buses.
- Communicates, and consults with all levels of employees.
- Performs daily inspections and repairs on entire fleet.
- Responds to breakdowns.
- Mentors lower skill level technicians.
- Schedules PM, repairs and sublet repairs, documents all repairs in Electronic Maintenance system
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in automotive or diesel mechanics, which may include fleet experience.
- Have taken basic automotive or heavy duty repair courses or have good understanding of basic automotive/heavy duty systems.
- A/C certification.
- ASE preferred.
- Must self-certify competency on brake service and repair for hydraulic brakes.
- Trade school/college graduate or five (5) years maintenance experience.
- 21 years or older.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and DOT physical.
- Current valid driver's license for least five (5) years.
- Clean driving record (No more than two (2) moving violations in five (5) years) and a reliable employment history.
- Work well with others and willing to learn.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.