Mechanics inspect, diagnose, maintain or repair the crane systems, from its body to engines and electrical or computer systems. Fleet vehicles include cranes, crane equipment, boom trucks, trailers, pickup trucks, and semis.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on diesel engines, booms, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brakes and other basic components.
* Operates hoists, forklifts, and/or hand trucks to handle, dismantle and reassemble heavy material and equipment.
* Operates and performs thorough inspection of machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects, faults, or malfunctions and determine required repairs.
* Tests mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers and OEM specifications.
* Cleans, lubricates and performs other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
* Fabricates, modifies and installs special equipment or replacement parts using specialty tools.
* Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
* Repairs, rewires, and troubleshoots electrical systems.
* Repairs and replaces damaged or worn parts on vehicles and equipment.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What are the perks?
We are proud to offer day one eligibility for medical, dental and vision plans. We also offer paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, and 401(k) plans with company match made every pay period. Maxim has other great offerings including life insurance, AD&D, flex and health savings accounts, wellness programs, critical illness and accident plans, and short-term and long-term disability, plus employee discounts. Additionally, we provide opportunities to expand your skillset and knowledge base.
Our work impacts our local communities, helping transform where people live, work and play. You'll be a part of some of the biggest, most high-profile construction sites across the country and have the opportunity to support our coast-to-coast team across 60 branches in the United States.
* High School diploma or GED
* Associates or Vocational degree preferred
* 5+ years' of mechanical experience, crane preferred, or equivalent training
* 3+ years' experience in diesel, gasoline, and propane engines
* Advanced ability to interpret instructions and blueprints
* Advanced mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
* Advanced time management and communication skills
Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger; handle or feel; and kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear; push and/or pull; reach; climb; bend and/or stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted 42 minutes ago
Posted 42 minutes ago
Posted 42 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our