Job ID: 259019
Helena Sand & Gravel, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Repairs and maintains construction equipment and mechanical equipment such as trucks, trailers, batch plants, paving machines, bulldozers, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other equipment by performing the following duties.
Upon hire and successful completion of the pre-employment process, a sign on bonus of $1000 will be provided*.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoots problems, making economical and durable repairs.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
- Maintains and repairs heavy equipment, trucks, shop, and non-mobile equipment on a company-wide basis.
- Services vehicles/equipment to include oil changes, greasing, adding fluids, changing filters and maintaining preventative maintenance schedules. Troubleshoots and repairs electrical and hydraulic systems, diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, drive trains, etc.
- Orders parts and supplies. Maintains purchase orders and invoices. Operates computer for job functions.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, Cat ET, Cummins Insite and Detroit programs.
- Must have a current CDL or ability to obtain CDL within 6 months.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check, physical assessment, and drug screen.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license.
- CDL preferred. Ability to obtain CDL within 6 months of hire required.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
*Further details regarding the sign-on bonus will be discussed at time of job offer.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Helena Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 2, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Helena Nearest Secondary Market:
Montana Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Mechanic, Maintenance Mechanic, Electrical, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations