Manage plant material control functions, including forecasting, master scheduling, production planning and control, purchased item planning, MRO procurement, shipping and receiving, inventory control, and configuration control for Berea, KY and Chattanooga, TN operating facilities. Report to plant manager and support all logistical activities to provide optimum manufacturing performance.
- supplier scheduling
- Ability to champion initiatives to implement inventory management techniques such as KANBAN, JIT, FIFO, MIN/MAX, Lead time/lot size reduction, etc.
- Direct supplier scheduling.
- Development of manufacturing and customer systems.
- Manage the flow of material through the plant in support of lean manufacturing and effective cost management.
- Manage order entry and scheduling to achieve customer service
- Coordinate the implementation of current product and raw product changes to facilitate successful launch and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure that material control and material information systems are maintained to support manufacturing and balance inventory to customer demand.
- Develop/maintain proper measurement systems to ensure compliance to delivery system.
- Work with Truck Division purchasing team.
- Communicate commodity materials needs for Motor Wheel production facilities.
- Continuously improve through employee development, process improvement, and elimination of waste.
- Monitor safety stock levels and establish order policies to balance inventory availability with low levels of investment. Work with vendors to establish on time deliveries.
- Manage subordinates and give overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the subordinates.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and resolving problems.
- Leadership experience in materials, purchasing or operations required.
- MRP use and knowledge required.
- Lean manufacturing concepts, use and knowledge preferred.
- Experience in production planning, production control and/or supplier scheduling required.
- APICS certification preferred.
- The ability to motivate others in the achievement of objective/goals.
- Professionalism and integrity to communicate and work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on, systematic individual with strong analytical skills.
- Results oriented with a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- High energy level and self-motivation.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.