Materials Coordinator - BOSS Snowplow
Who Are We?
BOSS Snowplow, located in Iron Mountain, Michigan is a division of The Toro Company. BOSS is a leader in the snow and ice management business with a growing lineup of plows for trucks, UTVs and ATVs, salt and sand spreaders, and box plows built for the snow and ice management professional, as well as the homeowner. With a focus on uncompromising quality and high-level craftsmanship, BOSS has grown to be a leader in the sale of truck plows.
What Will You Do?
Job Purpose: Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments and compiles/maintains computerized records in SAP. The Materials Coordinator reports directly to the Materials Planning Manager. In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
What Do You Need?
- Notifies Quality Department of any non-conforming material.
- Create outbound shipment documents
- Perform shipping task of sending returnable containers back to vendors
- Send and receive outsourced materials, pack products in totes, boxes, pallets, or carts according to proper packing techniques for shipment to designated area and maintain records in SAP.
- Maintain 5S in Receiving area to ensure clean and organized work environment
- Maintenance of Kanban card system in receiving department
- Maintain inventory by identifying, labeling, and placing materials and supplies in stock.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies and identify solutions to prevent future occurrences, update management as needed.
- Assist in directing material placement and reconciliation of inventory discrepancies.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- Associated degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school: and one year of related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment: equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manufacturing experience is necessary
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
Other Job-Related Components:
- Ability to walk and stand throughout working hours, up to 10 hours
At BOSS Snowplow, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits - BOSS Snowplow offers employees at our Iron Mountain location, MI a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Wellness - In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Growth Opportunities - TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Cash compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.