Job ID: 255481
U.S. Aluminum offers a full range of aluminum entrance doors, storefronts, window wall and curtain wall systems. As an industry leader for over 45 years, U.S. Aluminum has earned a well-respected name in today's building trade throughout North America.
Position requires locating & retrieving aluminum extrusions based on order requirements. Communicating with saw operators and following weekly schedule to prioritize orders being pulled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
On/off-loading of the product from fixed & rolling racks for eight or more hours daily. Dispose of department scrap metal as needed. The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered a material handler as a regular part of his/her job duties the following conditions must be met:
• Perform work as assigned by supervisor.
• Read and understand order paperwork.
• Ability to operate 4 directional lift a plus, certification can be provided.
• Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure.
• Notify lead person or manager of any mechanical or material issues.
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
• All material handlers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
Tape measure, utility knife, and other various tools.
• Hazards - Exposure to Pinch Points, Strain/Sprain, Laceration/Puncture, Contusion, Slipping, Burns, Shock, Loss of Limbs, Elevated temperatures during summer months.
• Controls - Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Training, Written Procedures
• Safety Equipment - Safety Glasses, Cut Resistant Gloves, Cut resistant sleeves.
• Work performed inside a production environment.
• Noise levels in the environment can be moderate to high.
• The plant facility is subject to the same climate conditions as the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
• Chemicals, dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy work environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
• While some chemicals may pose health risks if no used properly employees are trained in the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemical.
What CRH Americas Offers You