If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of UHealth Connect has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Master Scheduler to work in Medley, FL. The Master Scheduler creates and maintains provider schedule templates for all clinics and ancillary services with a goal of maximizing access to providers, balancing patient volumes, and reducing wait times. The incumbent must maintain in depth knowledge of operational and patient flow for all managed specialties and optimize access to care.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Builds and manages provider schedule templates.
- Manages scheduling application set up, including creating, updating and removing templates as needed.
- Monitors cancellations of physician clinic schedules and follows up with the assigned scheduling provider.
- Manages daily schedule changes to ensure patients are rescheduled efficiently and timely.
- Performs quality checks on assigned facility schedules and reports any under-booking or overbooking to management.
- Develops and monitors reports on patient volumes, providing metrics to the department leadership in order to support decision-making.
- Monitors and manages requests received from assigned phone lines, email boxes, and software applications used and assures requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Communicates any issues to management and actively participates in any corrective activities.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Builds and manages provider schedule templates in collaboration with Department Leadership for assigned department/specialty group.
- Reviews provider schedules and recommends proposals to improve access based on the Ambulatory Access Guidelines.
- Responsible for enhancing the relationship with the Call Center Operations, specifically scheduling manager & supervisor for assigned Department/Division by supporting scheduling access goals and keeping informed of schedule template changes.
- Correctly process & validate in a timely manner template change submission form(s) & e-mail request(s) to ensure the minimal disruption to operational workflow (i.e., rescheduling/scheduling patients).
- Notify and advise the team supervisor/manager when department negotiation fails and template escalation is required to the Uhealth's CMO.
- Regularly updates and validates team tools (e.g., SharePoint Dashboard, Template Library, PLR Approval List) with accurate reflections from Epic or changes within Department Leadership.
- Maintain in-depth scheduling and operational considerations in the clinical specialties they support.
- Works with Department leadership and UChart team to facilitate on-boarding providers by managing scheduling application set-up in Epic, including of providers to scheduling locations, and subgroups, mapping of visit types, assignment of provider visit durations, and creation of templates in a collaborative manner that are compliant with the Ambulatory Access Guidelines/Departmental Policy.
- Facilitating exiting providers by managing scheduling application removal/block in Epic, including the deletion of future templates, reset of release date, blocking NPV scheduling, updating subgroups, compiling patient bump list, along with confirming advisory & scheduling instructions for the Call Center.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: