At FHLB Des Moines, we work each day to develop an inclusive culture that supports and leverages the complexity of a diverse workforce. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines has a simple but important vision: Strong Bank. Strong Communities. And we know we're only as strong as those who impact our success the most: our people!
In this Co-Op, you'll play an important role in supporting the Market Risk Department in conducting analysis and reporting of risk and asset/liability management of the Bank's financial position utilizing complex financial models.
- Support preparation and analysis of the daily total balance sheet risk reporting and daily QRM market creation processes and MPF Pricing Update.
- Support preparation and analysis of the monthly Market Risk Profile report.
- Support preparation and analysis of the monthly risk reports such as market value, economic value, and VaR etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and upgrade of the risk management systems, i.e. QRM.
- Comply with internal controls and regulations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, MBA or other quantitative/computing fields and/or equivalent work experience.
- Coursework should include exposure to complex fixed income financial instruments and derivatives.
- Programming experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and computer skills in Access, SQL, Excel & Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Core bank hours are 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Current students and candidates who are able to work full-time hours are preferred. This paid Co-Op is expected to run approximately ten months, from February to December 2023. Compensation Range:
Hourly: $20.00 - $25.00
This salary range represents the Bank's good faith and reasonable estimate of possible compensation at the time of hire. Offer to be determined by selected applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills & abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.This role is also eligible to participate in the Bank's annual incentive plan.
As part of our competitive Total Rewards package, the Bank offers 11 paid holidays, 5 weeks of PTO and a work culture that values work/life balance. Most roles are eligible for our hybrid work schedule of 3 days per week in office, 2 days per week work-from-home. We match 100% of the first 6% you contribute to your 401(k), and provide an additional 4% non-discretionary contribution to your 401(k) at the end of year. More information on our Total Rewards program can be found here.
At FHLB Des Moines, we celebrate diversity, work to create an inclusive culture and champion equity in all of our policies and practices. This enables us to effectively serve the needs of our members and help them succeed. FHLB Des Moines is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information (including family medical history), status as a parent or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.