Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 4927
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
Teleflex is focused on the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers. Teleflex will comply with US government regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements for US workers. To ensure we are prepared for all applicable vaccination requirements, Teleflex is currently collecting vaccination status and accommodation requests from our US based employees.
Employees and new hires in sales or field-based roles that require vendor credentials to access to medical facilities as an essential function of the job may be required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination based on customer/site requirements. This requirement is independent of Teleflex policy or any applicable US governmental regulations.
OEM - Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This role will perform various functions in the manufacturing of polymers, extruded fiber/suture material as well as other manufacturing functions as needed. Support R&D and engineering activities by assisting with manufacturing of new product, validating equipment/materials, troubleshooting processes, identifying process/product improvements, and performing preventative maintenance activities. Work with cross-functional teams to assist in monitoring / improving yields, resolving material issues, using manufacturing, tests, diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, and specialized test apparatus.
• Set up, run and operate appropriate equipment and machines in the producing of suture and suture yarns.
• Perform required in-process testing to ensure tensile/denier conformance with process standards.
• Document operations completed along with yields and reject counts on appropriate production records.
• Identify opportunities to reduce variation, improve scrap rates and productivity throughout the manufacturing process.
• Service and maintain equipment after runs are complete and maintenance logs are kept current.
• Participate in various department meetings, supplier visits, training programs or special projects, such as cost improvement projects and/or new product start-ups.
• Assist with manufacturing support for R&D, capital projects and validations when needed.
• Support R&D multiflament and monofilament extrusions as directed.
• Support R&D polymerization and co-polymerization as directed.
• Receive incoming shipments of chemicals and other facility supplies. Move to proper storage location using safe handling techniques and safety equipment.
• Complete work in compliance with GMP and ISO regulations and within safety guidelines.
• Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and days that may require up to 12 hours of work.
Education / Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED equivalency required; Technical High School diploma preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment or strong demonstratable equivalency required.
• Experience working in a controlled system (Ex: ISO9001/13485, AS9100); Medical device industry background preferred.
• Experience working with melt extrusion, textiles and or polymerization preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Consistent lifting: 2-20 lbs. necessary. Max of 50 lbs.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications. (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently.
• Understanding of Good Documentation Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Ability to work as part of an effective team.
• Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm for quality and yield improvements.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago