Who Are We?
The Toro Company's Shakopee plant produces professional and residential component products. Employees at this modern facility provide precise cutting products, machine components, tooled stampings, and metal fabrication for assembly at other TTC manufacturing facilities.
Reporting to theEngineering Supervisor,responsible for determining methods, processes, and equipment required in the manufacturing of metal fabricated components. Responsible for developing, analyzing and documenting cost information for new product development, design and cost improvement, maintenance, make vs. buy, and managing product cost to target. Specifically, Manuf. Engr. support for (14) lathes and chuckers in the Machined Components area at TORO - Shakopee.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
What Do You Need?
- Provides engineering expertise to aid in the development of annual and long-term business plans. Designs, justifies, develops and implements the engineering portions of the plans.
- Prepares IAR's; coordinates the investigation, selection, installation, prove-out and training to successfully integrate projects into the unit.
- Determine lathe/chucker parts to be produced within the Machined Components Value Stream. Provides manufacturing input and coordination to design project teams to assure timely and effective new part introductions, primarily, manufacturing of shafts, rods, supports of both solid and tubular barstock.
- Provide support for key or specialized processes with functions such as tool design, tool layouts, CNC programming, set-up data/procedures and metallurgical analysis.
- Full job description will be provided to final candidate at point of offer.
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
What Can We Give You?
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, preferred, but not required.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in various manufacturing disciplines.
- Working knowledge of CNC programming of parts on CNC lathes/chueckers such as: MAZAK, OKUMA, Nakamura, and Citizen lathes/chuckers.
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits.
Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Wellness - In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Growth Opportunities - TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. Cash compensation is one piece of our competitive total rewards package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.