Work with printing and fulfillment vendors to ensure publications meet assigned deadlines, quality and budget parameters. Manage customer relationships, ensuring their level of satisfaction with communication, quality and service.
· Manage the print and substrate procurement of an assigned set of publications ensuring timely, cost effective and high-quality production
· Work closely with Editorial and Operations to obtain detailed publication specifications; obtain accurate deadline dates and assist in job planning; monitor all jobs in process through all production stages to ensure that customer deadlines are met; advise vendors of upstream delays or deadline changes; advise all appropriate internal/external business partners of downstream delays or production issues
· Identify issues and problems; gather information, identify cause and effect relationships and suggest workable solutions
· Regularly review existing processes to determine efficiency and efficacy for Manufacturing and Distribution. Propose recommendations and suggestions as appropriate to the leadership team for cost saving ideas and process improvements
· Take ownership of decisions, understanding when to proceed independently and when to ask management for help in determining priorities and solving challenges
· Work with and support all domestic and global locations within LexisNexis to generate synergies that may result in cost savings and/or increase operating efficiency
· Other duties as assigned
· 5+ years' experience in print/editorial operations or procurement
· BA in Business preferred
· Strong understanding of printing and bindery processes and timing, specifically: web offset, sheetfed and digital printing; various binding capabilities and specialty finishing
· Working knowledge of substrates, specifically: publication paper grades/finishes, cloth and specialty substrates
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel; basic knowledge of MS Access and SQL a plus
· Must be able to collaborate and work well in an in-person and/or virtual team environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills as well as a high degree of self awareness
· Outstanding organizational skills; ability to manage multiple/competing demands, develop logical assumptions with consideration for resources and goals and coordinate the activities of others
· Customer-focused and able to empathize and understand customer's point of view; positive attitude to obtain win-win resolutions
This is a remote position.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.