If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center has a great opportunity for a Manager, Research Support. The Manager, Research Support provides grant application and management support to facilitate research. Further the Manager, Research Support oversees laboratory facility and research operations to ensure efficiency and compliance with applicable regulations. The Manager provides administrative and scientific support and assistance to the department of Sylvester Clinical Trials Office (CTO), including all critical and basic operations. Individual will be responsible for the day to day management of CTO clinical research staff who are assigned to multiple site disease groups (SDGs). The individual will be responsible for management of operations and staff in satellite facilities away from the main campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For Non-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort):
- Establishes policies and Standard Operating Procedures for assigned functional area/team; develops and maintains research standards of the program.
- Conducts meetings with supervised research staff, and ensures functions are coordinated in a timely and accurate manner according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for support of various research programs and solving any problems as they arise.
- Oversees assigned staff and projects and troubleshoots issues or escalates to appropriate leadership.
- Monitors and ensures good regulatory/data acquisition and regulatory/data management processes.
- Oversees operations to ensure policies and procedures yield desired results.
- Manages all compliance issues related to the various research projects providing information on the requirements and deadlines for deliverables and work performed.
- Oversees, evaluates and monitors on-the-job performance of assigned staff.
- Trains, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports.
- Interviews perspective employees seeking employment within the department and provides recommendation to upper management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Experience conducting quality assurance reviews and data analysis preferred.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation, flexibility and willing to accept challenges.
- Demonstrates a willingness to devote whatever effort is necessary to achieve team success.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are required and excellent verbal and written English communication skills are necessary to deal effectively with individuals both inside and outside the organization from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates commitment to department & institutional goals.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor Degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Clinical Research Certification (CCRP, CCRA or CCRC) strongly preferred. If no current Clinical Research Certification, one of the following must be obtained during the first 6 months of employment: Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) or Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in the conduct and management of clinical trials. Five years of clinical trials management experience prefer.
- Oncology and Hematology experience strongly preferred.
•Ability to maintain effective working relationship and establish the highest level of integrity with others to coordinate work in order to meet objectives.
•Comprehensive understanding of Good Clinical Practice guidelines, Code of Federal Regulations relating to clinical research, clinical trials monitoring and regulatory compliance.
•The ability to take initiative and provide research faculty and staff with quality support and a high degree of accuracy.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: