Title: Manager Procurement - Commodities & Risk Management
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The Commodity & Risk Manager drives the development of best procurement practices, including risk management/mitigation, sourcing strategy definition, deployment, and stakeholder management (Directors and VPs) to maximize total value contribution and fuel the growth of LW. Leads a team of 2 Sourcing Specialists and supports the target setting and the alignment with the rest of the procurement and Supply Chain organization. Drives the Procurement value contribution to Lamb Weston while ensuring compliance with policies, strategies, and processes.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Manage global strategy development, deployment, and strategic planning for Commodity ingredients and inputs
- Lead the development of long term (5 yrs) strategies (including physical commodity sourcing and financial risk strategies, supplier management strategy, and S2P strategy) to meet regional and global business expectations.
- Manage alignment and deployment of global strategies and financial plans.
- Lead global supplier negotiation strategy and process.
- Support strategy execution across all regions/Business Units (including project prioritization, securing resources, governance, and controls).
- Manage stakeholder engagement, collaboration of teams, and supplier relationships
- Identify and manage connectivity of the Spend Tower with functional stakeholders, suppliers, and internal Procurement teams (e.g. Raw/Pack, Indirect, Logistics, Capitals, etc)
- Manage stakeholder engagement and alignment throughout the end-to-end sourcing process.
- Develop and lead global supplier relationship management (SRM) program for commodity procurement
- Develop risk mitigation and margin enhancement strategies and recommendations for purchased commodities
- Calculate commodity exposure using cost models and stress tests for forecasted raw material purchases, oversee underlying risk exposure and monitoring process through various reconciliations
- Create and maintain reports for category and market risk, trade activities, compliance documentation, and develop sensitivity dashboards including open volume impact on cost of goods sold
- Manage commercial supplier relationships and contracts for managed delivery of margin, innovation, cash flow and other deliverables for the assigned Spend Tower
- Be a point person responsible for delivery of goals for the assigned Spend Tower. Share best practices with all global Spend Towers.
- Lift and shift best practices from one region/business unit to other regions/business units.
- Ensure standardization of processes and tools in coordination with other Spend Towers.
- Drive harmonized global approach towards end-to-end sourcing practices (strategy to compliance).
- Coordinate delivery of assigned regional and global KPI's
- Manage delivery of margin, innovation, cash flow and other deliverables for global commodities
- Be a point person responsible and accountable for delivery of goals for commodity procurement
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration. MBA or CPSM / CPM certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of business experience in all aspects of sourcing processes including relationship management, contract negotiation and project management; or equivalent professional experience in other closely related fields/industries.
- Demonstrated success in people/team management
- Experience in commodity risk management and trade strategies to mitigate financial and operational risk, as specifically applied to vegetable oils, corn, wheat, dairy, natural gas, and packaging components (linerboard and resins)
- Experience working with diverse executive leaders and proven ability to develop agreement of priorities
- Proven ability to create appropriate sourcing strategies in different fields.
- Possess the ability and knowledge to negotiate, manage and enforce complex agreements.
- Strong experience in coordinating and managing multiple vendors and preferred vendors.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to interact and consult with all levels in the business units as well as external suppliers.
- Ability to develop and influence relationships with suppliers and top-level leaders.
- Ability to project manage, work under pressure and meet agreed and often tight deadlines.
- Proven ability in building and managing to strategic plans and annual budgets
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization abilities; an excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills, Excel proficiency, and familiarity with market analysis platforms (Eikon, Bloomberg)
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Agility
- Organizational Agility
- Motivating Others
- Strategic Sourcing
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Supplier Selection and Contracting
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Stakeholder Influencing
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness - Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services - mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-230185
Time Type: Full timeLamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
This job has expired.