A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting directly into the Director of Process and Analytical Development, the Manager, Alternative Drug Delivery Contract Manufacturing will lead an interdisciplinary team to develop robust and scalable processes and analytical methods for RNA liposomes. You will design and drive the team to develop processes and understand the facility fit at the site. You will be responsible for identifying optimized solutions while considering newest scientific data sources and interactions with the scientific community. You will also be responsible for staying updated on product and industry knowledge as well as "best-in-class" manufacturing technologies.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with customers to bring their product to GMP manufacturing
- Leading the development efforts to deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality
- Understand challenges in the contract manufacturing industry and work to ensure MilliporeSigma is on the cutting edge of liposomes
- Drive implementation of digital tools and solutions in the development and manufacturing disciplines.
- Establish a team-based approach with other internal organizations, such as marketing, sales, R&D, QC and operations.
- Established relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and creates opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualification:
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate attention to detail in the planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
- BS with 8+ years' experience, MS with 3+ years, or PhD. Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other related scientific discipline
- Prior supervisory experience or team management experience
- Evidence of Customer Facing Skills
- Experienced in preparing nanoparticles / liposomes
- Hands on experience with encapsulating small molecules or biological molecules in particles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as experience with statistical software systems
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of liposomes experience
- Experience with Managing technical teams of 5 or more
- Experience with RNA therapeutic drugs
- Experience in CMO or CRO
- Working experience in cGMP/GLP, knowledgeable about ICH and FDA guidelines
- Hands on experience with large scale liposomes preparation, UFDF, preparative chromatography (AKTA)
What we offer:
- Ability to train and coach employees. Proven ability to lead a team in technical excellence and project completion.
- Prior supervisory experience or technical team management of 5 or more people
- Hands on experience in technology transfer and scale-up to manufacturing process in the contract manufacturing industry
- Experience in process analytical technologies
- Desire to translate new science into new therapeutic technologies and the ambition to succeed in an innovation driven environment.
- Automation (medium to high throughput) experience in synthetic setting is highly desirable.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 212738
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.