Job Description Summary
Responsible to assist the Chief Engineer with the planning, implementation, coordination, and supervision of mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for assigned properties.
You will perform at the highest of ethical standards, reflecting the core values of C&W as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related company policies. The position typically requires hands-on operational duties, maintenance work, and is not precluded from performing Watch Activity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises maintenance staff in the absence of the Chief Engineer and assigns and monitors maintenance projects for them
• Assists with maintenance/engineering issues (plumbing, HVAC, electrical) as required
• Remains proficient in the C&W Engineering Standards and all operational aspects of building systems
• Provides for quality assurance by creating and implementing preventive maintenance programs and recommending improvements to existing programs on an ongoing basis
• Develops/maintains effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals
• Coordinates/Conducts staff training
• Completes all mandatory C&W Compliance Training, including the Annual Safety Training Program and directs staff subordinates to do so as well
• Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians
• Conducts regular inspections of operating mechanical, electrical, and equipment systems; makes necessary adjustments to operating equipment and controls
• Conducts periodic inspections of mechanical equipment rooms and work areas to ensure clean and safe conditions are maintained
• Ensures all mechanical equipment, systems, and electrical distribution are properly identified, labeled, color-coded and/or tagged as required, and that mechanical rooms are painted
• Ensures all mechanical equipment rooms are painted and identified as required
• Responds quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns
• Maintains ongoing communication with tenants, clients, property management, and vendors
• Assists with the administration of inventory control programs and systems
• Coordinates development of and/or maintain as-built drawings, equipment manuals
• Participates in and provide input for maintenance staff's year-end reviews conducted by the Chief Engineer
• Prepares and maintains engineering reports
• Ensures compliance with applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as it relates to building operations
• Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
• Organization Skills
• Technical Proficiency
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• 5+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Vocational/Technical Training Certificate
• Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
• Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC's
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record with periodic checks
• Proficient in the use of computer systems
• May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
• Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
• Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.
Jefferson City, Missouri
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Posted about 4 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!