Hopewell Senior Villlage Apartments is looking for a Maintenance Tech I to join its team in St. Louis, MO!
*** This is a 40-hour weekly position; must be available for ON-CALL daily to address emergencies; will be required to drive to pick up supplies. ***
POSITION SUMMARY: The Maintenance Tech I will assume responsibilities for overall maintenance of property. Responsible for preventive maintenance, painting and repairs inside and outside the property to provide a safe, attractive and orderly environment for the benefit, use enjoyment protection of residents, staff and visitors.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum six (6) months full-time experience in building maintenance to include construction or maintenance of equipment and utilities preferred.
3. Knowledge of basic machinery and tools preferred. - Preferred
4. Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English.
5. Ability to read, and write in English.
6. Ability to work within federal and state regulations, Volunteers of America facility policies and procedures.
7. Know how to turn the water valve and electricity off in case of emergency.